Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I thought I did a ton of research and found that BBK made a 70mm TB... purchased it at RPM outlet, now I rec'd it and it says (and measures) 65mm. Their website says 70mm and I thought I had seen mention of it as such here... and when I call RPM they say "oh, gee, guess our website is wrong."

Anyone else have info on this?

Does BBK make a 70mm TB? or is this just a myth-understanding?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I actually am curious about this also, keep me posted, how much did you get it for and where at?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... I paid (incl shipping) $305.95 - I think i've seen it for $10 or so less other places since... I've been trying to call BBK but they don't answer their phone yet... (east coast time vs west coast)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn...! I just spoke with BBK they only make the 65mm (guess I was of the opinion that bigger is better - maybe it doesn't matter after all?) So, I won't be sending this one back.

Was anyone else under the misimpression that 70mm was available?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I do believe they make a 70 for some other vehicles ... but not a focus *sigh*

·
Registered
256 Posts
The tuning shop I went to last week seemed to think 65 was on the huge side of plenty big for our cars. He said something to the extent of Mustangs run a 65 why does a focus need it so big? Looking at my FCTB 65mm I don't see where you're gonna get another 5mm without doing further modification to the intake.

Still I would be interested in seeing the numbers on a 70mm TB.

·
Registered
183 Posts
What good would a 70mm throttle body do for you unless you matched up your intake manifold to it? I thought to get the most out of the 65 your needed to bore your manifold out, if thats the case i would think the 70 would just be counter productive.

My XR4ti has a 55mm or so body on it and it flows damn good, people have rated it up to over 280hp.70, 65 even to me unless your focus really sucks( i mean that seriously) just doesnt seem like a good purchase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts