Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a resonator in today and now my car sounds almost stock! I got a 22" in instead of a 14" because that's what he recomended. I'm pissed. I didn't have time to go back today. Do you think he would switch to the 14" if I went back tommorow for no charge? This sucks my motor sounds louder than my exhaust.

·
Registered
94 Posts
what did you think was gonna happen...but either way whats wrong w/ that? I doubt the guy will do it for free b/c its not like a defect of they're product. but if you really want it back then why not try.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I had a ORP in right and it was very loud and buzzy, he recomended the 22" to get rid of the buzz, well now it's quieter than when I had the cat in I din't put $600 into my exhaust to have it sound stock.

·
Registered
406 Posts
well I had a ORP in right and it was very loud and buzzy, he recomended the 22" to get rid of the buzz, well now it's quieter than when I had the cat in I din't put $600 into my exhaust to have it sound stock.

·
Registered
94 Posts
sometimes [censored] happens buddy...I'd rather have it quiet(sleeper) than loud anyways but im used to it so it doesnt matter to me. do what you wanna do

·
Registered
3,186 Posts

That's the same reason I put money into my exhaust, too! So it'll be LOUD!

Oh yeah, and something about horsepower or breathability or something.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHA I went back today and he put a 15" resonator in, It sound just perfect! I love these guys they are great. He didn't charge me anything!

·
Registered
406 Posts
HAHA I went back today and he put a 15" resonator in, It sound just perfect! I love these guys they are great. He didn't charge me anything!
Cool, I'm glad everything worked out for you. I have the stock exhaust but it's not a Focus and it comes from the factory with a straight through muffler. I'm not too into the loud exhaust anymore. To each his own.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hey, I want quiet too. What is the brand of 22" muffler you had? I added a 28" magnaflow to my system and it's still loud as hell with my header.

·
Registered
179 Posts
how long of a resonator would you suggest for a high flow cat???? just to tone the the buzzing...

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I wish I had that problem! I add bigger resonators, and my car is still too loud. It sounds like a kids civic, rather than a performance car. The car is lacking a cat, so any news on what res you used to quite the car back down would be of great help. Currently I have a Vibrant, with a magnaflow resonator, and looking towards a magnaflow muffler.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well The 22" wasn't that loud and it sounded nice but it lost loudness between 3 and 4.5k rpm So basically all the midrange sound was lost and the noise from my engine took over and I didn't like that, I would comapre it to listening to an rx8 or an s2000 rev when stock. But when driving down the road It was completely silent and I lost the sweet sound when I go through the twisties and accelerate out of the turns. Now the 15" buzzes a little when you punch it at low rpms but once it gets past about 3k it goes away. ANYTING is better than when I had the shorty headers, ORP, flexpie, And magnaflow exhaust with no resonator. It was so loud and annmoyingly buzzy almost all the way through the rpm band

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well for a high flow cat I think a very small one would do, the place I went to had a 12" one there and that would probobly take care of it since the cat acts as a kind of muffler anyway, I don't know thw brand of resonator it was but it had a big blue sticker on it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
LOL BUHAHAHHAHAHA

OMG if that dont sound like a "ricers" statement i dont know what does... im almost ashamed

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Again I ask, what is the brand of 22" muffler / resonator that you had installed that made it too quiet?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Again I ask, what is the brand of 22" muffler / resonator that you had installed that made it too quiet?
he said "I don't know thw brand of resonator it was but it had a big blue sticker on it. "

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
maybe the sticker is still on i will go check but i think they ripped it off because it probobly would have melted. I believe it is a straight through design though.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok i called the guy and he said it was an allied resonator.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Thanks, I'll check with a local supplier and see what they have on it

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Thanks, I'll check with a local supplier and see what they have on it
Make sure it is a perforated resonator, and not one with the baffles extending into the exhaust flow Dan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts