Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF happened to the price of our cylander heads?! I bought one about 9 months ago for 150$ from parts.com. I checked the page again and now they list for almost 700$! the monkey head is 250, why is ours so much more expensive? They need to quit playin, this has to be a joke.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
NOPE, same thing happened to me. I alays saw the price as $150 for a bare head was like sweet! I finally go to order a while back and it was $700 or $800. My dealer said ford doesn't offer the bare head anymore, it only comes complete and fully assembled with the cam and everything.

I ended up finding one cheap in canada with low miles off www.car-part.com. Ford really screwed us.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I was lookin and it used to be you could order a bare head or a loaded one. I didnt know the 700$ one was pre-loaded. why? just cause I might need a new head dosent mean I need a new cam and valvetrain. I was gonna buy a new head, deck it for 10:1 and load it with an EFP cam. see which of the 2 heads I like better. damn, gonna have to get a slightly used one.

G

·
damn... They probably raised the price after they saw that some guy from "the focal thing on the net" showed some interest into buying that cheap head and modding it!!

I already saw on ebay new crated spi engine with 350$ buy it now!!

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, I was telling my friend that I might as well buy a whole engine and just violate it for parts. I can get a whole engine for less than the cost of the head! plus I need 2 heads. one for the EFP cam and 10:1, and another for 8:1 and turbo.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
part of it may be that SPI production's gonna stop entirely soonish as Zetec will become the base engine in 2005 i believe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts