Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I put on the wings west side skirts and I can't get them to stay on. I used doublesided tape that I got from Loews but maybe it is not strong enough. Thanks

adam

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
didnt it COME with double stick tape on it? Anyways, I beleive the tape they use is 3M tape, best stuff EVAR! 3M 0VVn3Z JOO!

·
Registered
156 Posts
im gonna use the stock mounting holes on the front and back(i mean right next to the tires, and then 1 0r 2 bolts under like the stock sideskirts, i had the tape problem to it didnt hold on its own, go to a car paint supplier and pick up some more 3m double sided tape.thats what im gonna do any body else got a better way to do this

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Umm your supposed to screw these down as well as the double sideded tape!!
I hope you didnt drive to far before they fell off.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They didnt fall completely off
and i did use some bolts, i bought these used from a freind and they keep falling off. i guess the tape was weak so i will try and go buy some 3M tape. Where do i buy it at? Loews and Pep boys didnt have it

adam

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
They didnt fall completely off
and i did use some bolts, i bought these used from a freind and they keep falling off. i guess the tape was weak so i will try and go buy some 3M tape. Where do i buy it at? Loews and Pep boys didnt have it

adam
I was just teasing...but right when you posted that I invisioned a focus in my mind crusing down the highway at 80MPH and then frrroooooooaaammmmmm a side skirt just goes flying off and pegs some would be Ricer in a civic....

anywho they sell the 3M stuff and Napa, Kragen, Autozone...thats the places Ive seen it. It is going to be next to all the gluey type stuff and JB weld and tape and all that stuff..
make sure you scrape off all the old tape and clean the surface area with alcohol..then apply the 3M glue that you can buy there as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts