Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Randy. The tunes you provided me on my Xcal2 were with a 65mm throttle body. Do I need to get a different tune if I put the stock tb back on or will I be safe?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Hey Randy. The tunes you provided me on my Xcal2 were with a 65mm throttle body. Do I need to get a different tune if I put the stock tb back on or will I be safe?

Thanks
Well, I'm not Randy
but I had the stock TB installed when he did the tunes for my XCal. When I got the 65mm TB I asked him if I needed to get my tunes redone and he said I should be ok. Around 5 months of daily driving has proven that to be true.

BTW Randy, any word yet on any kind of a possible rebate or tradein on the XCal2 for us XCal purchasers?

Or should we just start planning for a

Ron

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I should be safe then. I just cant stand the 65mm anymore. In this +40C heat (104F) the car just bogs so bad and the TB makes it worst.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Hmm I should be safe then. I just cant stand the 65mm anymore. In this +40C heat (104F) the car just bogs so bad and the TB makes it worst.
Well we've been in the "one-teens" for most of the last 2 weeks with a high of 116 last Sunday.
I've noticed a bit of "bogging" when driving in stop and go traffic but it doesn't seem to be any worse than last summer when I had the stock TB.

In any case, good luck.

Ron

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
BTW Randy, any word yet on any kind of a possible rebate or tradein on the XCal2 for us XCal purchasers?

Ron
Sorry, SCT has not said anything about that yet other than they were thinking about doing "something" down the road.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

Ron
Sorry, SCT has not said anything about that yet other than they were thinking about doing "something" down the road.
Okay, thanks for the update. I'll just keep watching and hoping to see good news here one of these days.

Ron

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Next time I speak with them, I'll check the status of the trade-in idea that was mentioned.
Thanks, that would be appreciated.

Not that I've got any particular problems with the tunes you set up for me but it would be nice to be able to "tweak" things a bit.
Also, since tune #3 seems to have the best feel to me that's the one I've been running for around 3 months now and other than needing a little more of a bump in the idle when the AC compressor kicks in it has been perfect. Now that I'm running the AC almost full time I've noticed that my gas mileage with the AC and tune #3 is about the same as it was with tune #1 and never running the AC. Also there is much less of a performance drop with the AC than last summer before getting the XCal.

BTW, tune #2 has sort of been the odd man out for me. It had the surging, funky idle and just didn't feel as strong as the other two to me. At one point I was hoping to get it replaced with a copy of tune #3 with TC disabled. That was before you found out that it wasn't as straightforward to do as was originally hoped.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work. I'll keep watching the forum in case there is any kind of a "big announcement".

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts