Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally broke down and did my part to keep SCt in business. First, I'd like the thank McNews; they we're great to me for info and tech on the phone (unlike another sponsor
) Not to mention it made it to my house in 2 days. I haven't really had the chance to get into it too much, so I can't give a good report on the power gains. I currently only have approximately 90oct in my tank..I added an octane booster..maybe that will help. I'm assuming the chip was tuned for 93. The quality and ease of use are both strong points of the Xcal2..the ability to download future modifications to the system via USB is nice. I'm pretty sure things are as they should be, but since it never hurts to ask...Did do anything wrong? I plugged into the obdII, turned on the key, ran the McNews file, turned the key back off, started the car, unplugged the SCT. The manual said only 94-97 vehicles needed have the battery unplugged, so I didn't reset. Ok, those were the almost intelligent questions, but this one might seem dumb. Will the power I feel tomorrow be "it" or will the car havta think about it for a 100 or so miles before I get the full effect as with other mods? Thanks and props to SCT and especially McNews

·
Registered
111 Posts
the only thing you did wrong was the octane booster...when it says one point it means .1...as in now you run 90.1 octane. lookin for cheap octane booster? try a paint remover...think its called tutaline (sp?) its basically repacked race fuel and its cheap

·
Banned
613 Posts
xylene and toulene are paint thinners that you can use to raise octane but use about 1/4 cup of marvels mystery oil as well to dilute it slightly as it can harm injector o-rings. hope this helps. DO NOT USE THESE THINGS EXCLUSIVELY! they are merely meant to be used IN ADDITION TO true gasoline

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's on straight 93 now. I gave the poor Focus quite the flogging all day today and all I can say is "wow". Teh Focus performs like a whole new car. I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts