Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the manifold from my parts department ($110). I need to know: Are any of the gaskets reusable when switching to the 2000 style intake manifold. If not, what gaskets need to be replaced/ordered???

thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
It comes from the factory with a green like rubber gasket seal, they are supposed to be reusable, If you have done anything with you TB
it's just like the gasket on the stock TB.

Milan

p.s. Just remember how all the connections go back on.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just got mine today, ($109.34) and it comes with all gaskets except tb and egr.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
What is the purpose of changing to this?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
they flow a bit better than the 2k1+
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I thought it was the 2001

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Wedge1212:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope. This was on early 2000 models. Up to a build date of Dec. 18th, 1999 I think.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So at what mod point would you see a difference with this?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Originally posted by ruggedman:
And why did ford switch to the new design if the old one made more power? There's gottta be a reason...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Apparently to reduce costs

Got my ported 2000 this week from CTZX3...looks great, can't wait to put it on.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Originally posted by Egz:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Wedge1212:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope. This was on early 2000 models. Up to a build date of Dec. 18th, 1999 I think.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think Egz you are right on that one. Mine was built on 11/12/1999, thus also the Magnesium Valve Cover as well.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by ruggedman:
And why did ford switch to the new design if the old one made more power? There's gottta be a reason...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Old design had a history of cracking. New design is modified in the stress areas.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Auto X, I reused my egr gasket and my tb gasket, they were fine. Gains? not much yet, I must really need cam gears
Yes I did port it some and all went well, I'll hope for more when I reset the processor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts