Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know what\'s nice? Vibrant exhaust!

Well after only one hour of labor my new vibrant catback exhaust is on...only one word wow! I was kinda skeptical about it at first(thinking it would be mad loud), but it wasn't as loud as i thought it would be. I took it on the highway and i didn't hear only a faint growl. I can't wait to get a race header
then i will hear it!

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Re: Ya know what\'s nice? Vibrant exhaust!

Good choice.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by endlessmike:
I can't wait to get a race header
then i will hear it!
<hr></blockquote>

Dude, I had that setup, and trust me...it'll be hella loud!

·
Registered
395 Posts

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by endlessmike:
How did you quiet it down??<hr></blockquote>

had a muffler shop weld in a bigger resonator. It's quieter than before the race header. It's cool..reminds me of a bmw. Still pulls hard.

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: tsmithr1 ]</p>

·
Registered
395 Posts

I used some universal resonator...i'll take a look at the sticker thats on mine to see what brand it is. its a straight through design.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

awesome, thank you, I need to do something about mine bad, it is way too loud.

·
Registered
872 Posts

I wonder why it is that some people's vibrants are loud and then some are quiet, like this guys. When I take mine on the highway it's earplug time. And I'm still running that cat

·
Registered
8,272 Posts

Well after only one hour of labor my new vibrant catback exhaust is on...only one word wow! I was kinda skeptical about it at first(thinking it would be mad loud), but it wasn't as loud as i thought it would be. I took it on the highway and i didn't hear only a faint growl. I can't wait to get a race header
then i will hear it!
<hr></blockquote>

TRUST ME...it will only get louder and more annoying...
When i first put mine on it was like , wow, cool, you like it...its always like that

GIve it 2 weeks and DAMNNNNN its gonna get annoying....i just didnt like how it sounded...

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

I have no cat and an HKS exhaust and its about as loud as a vibrant WITH a cat..

but the weird thing is.. I was revving and taching the car last night and every time I let off the gas at redline.. I heard a "ppshhhh"....oh..wait...nevermind

1 - 16 of 16 Posts