Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I’d share this here as well.
it’s been about a month on the 2.5 Swap. So far so good, have about 3000 miles on it.

14’ Fusion motor w/43K
Exedy solid mass
VCT Delete
BSD Delete
EGR delete (drain plug in the head lol)
All new seals wverywhere

Worked most of the major kinks out like forgetting to plug my MAF in, fabricating a bracket for the throttle cable, and fabbing vacuum lines for everything. Did it by myself, while also sick. Hardest part was getting the damn AC compressor and PS pump back together. Legitimately spent 2-3 hours on those, and 10 minutes pulling and plopping the engine.

Recently replaced the PCV assembly, still chasing a weird idle drop issues but only happens when moving or coming to a stop. Other than that, the car runs well, definitely has more power than the 2.3, no leaks either.

next order of business is to fix the flex pipe leak, and some suspension goodies

made a guide as well for the swap

Sky Light Motor vehicle Hood Engineering

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Black Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Gas Office supplies

·
Registered
2007 Focus ST 2.5L Swap
14 Posts
Nice, looks good. A lot better aesthetically than mine. Mine is kind of a mess and you wouldn't know it's swapped unless you found the casting marks on the block.

As for your idle issue, do you have any way to grab data? I could provide some logs from my car to compare if you'd need since mine is pretty much the same swap.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, looks good. A lot better aesthetically than mine. Mine is kind of a mess and you wouldn't know it's swapped unless you found the casting marks on the block.

As for your idle issue, do you have any way to grab data? I could provide some logs from my car to compare if you'd need since mine is pretty much the same swap.

I might be able to borrow the snap-on scanner from my dealer, send em my way!

Really at a loss at this point on it lol, just kinda got used to it. Thinking about swapping IAC’s from my other focus. Doesn’t make sense it’d go bad after a swap tho. I am using the 2.5 injectors, are you as well?

·
Registered
2007 Focus ST 2.5L Swap
14 Posts
I might be able to borrow the snap-on scanner from my dealer, send em my way!

Really at a loss at this point on it lol, just kinda got used to it. Thinking about swapping IAC’s from my other focus. Doesn’t make sense it’d go bad after a swap tho. I am using the 2.5 injectors, are you as well?
Actually no and that may be your problem. The 2.0/2.3 injectors don't flow as much but are still good for as much power as a stock 2.5 can make. If you haven't had it tuned for those injectors then I bet it's possible that it's running real rich and is pulling a bunch of fuel via the trims.

I would definitely try to swap them back to the 2.3 injectors. If that doesn't do it and you do get access to a scan tool, then I'll give you a list of pids to look at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts