Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the help of Dan-d and a few others, my Crower Stage2's and Kent gears are installed. Of course the cursed car made the installation more "fun" than usual. One of my brand new oil seals was defective, and we didn't notice this until about 5 minutes into the break-in period when oil was kind of spraying everywhere. Not fun.

So after we had a beer, swore, took it apart, ate, and put it back together...the car runs great. Idles a little rough with the Z-engineering motor mount. Performance is okay, but I really didn't expect much since I am still running a stock header/cat (waiting for the FocusSport 4-2-1).

Pretty worthwhile investment, but just a word of advice........order 2-3 oil seals if you plan on replacing them. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
745 Posts
noresull installed mine over the weekend...went well till we realized we were 90* off time...couldn't figure why it wouldn't turn over...but got it going with only 1 hour of guessing...runs...well almost the same as normal...a little different but haven't tryed to wring it out yet...making sure the STR gears are tight...but i love the sound of a little lope...

-edit- spelling

[ 03-10-2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: iamgod ]

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Ya i installed my stage 2's last week, i am like you still running stock header/cat. waiting on my fs 4-1 and flex. didnt have any real problems except i forgot the reverse e10 socket. I also installed poly motor mount bushings and your right. make sure there is no loose change in your car lol.

Only things were i couldnt get the tdc tool that came with the aem install kit in due to the cat being in the way so i had to use the screwdriver method and i dont think its perfect. saturday night went cruising pulled into a parking lot and my car kept stallin so i dunno wassup.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
its rough but tolerable, i like it. exhuast note is bad ass at idle to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts