Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ask me this guy got we he deserved, I actually think he deserves more than this:

You think he slammed on the brakes?

As the story goes on evolutionm.net he was street racing, got up to 130 mph while it was raining
started to hydroplane, slowed down some and hit a pole. Walked away with some pain in his leg.

Why would someone street race, when, especially in Florida there are so many places to legally race?

Why would you try to go that fast in the rain, and if anyone knows central Florida, knows that it rains every afternoon pretty hard? AWD does not let you run above physics.

Why does only his leg hurt? If you ask me this is not enough to learn.

I think we need laws that say your insurance company does not have to pay if it's proved you were street racing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Then the insurance companies will say that you were "racing" when you were going 2 miles over the speed limit. They have lawyers that you don't, so of course they will get their way. They just need to impose community service on those caught street racing. It will take away time for racing, and give to the community at the same time.

What a freakin' moron that guy was.

·
Registered
729 Posts
'sob' 'sob' 'sniff' seeing a car that pretty destroyed to stupidity makes u wanna cry dont it?? 'sob'

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Eh, whatever, he took the risk, he paid the price. Ain't my business. I agree with racer_alpha, though, if we give the insurance companies an inch they will take a mile.

·
Registered
723 Posts
yet another example of stupid drivers who think AWD will save their asses. he got what he deserved. i don't think it would take much more than something like that to convince someone how stupid that was.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
lol, if it was a focus and he was a member ppl would be prayin for if he broke his leg and was in the hospital, racing or not lol

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
lol, if it was a focus and he was a member ppl would be prayin for if he broke his leg and was in the hospital, racing or not lol
yu0 suck at teh posting

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
y cuz its the truth?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

since you said it happened in the rain,
and in these pix it is dry and sunny, i'm going to assume they were wet and rusted,
and not that he didn't hit the brakes, giving the benefit of the doubt.

also, in some of the other pix, the area's of bare metal (front door) is rusting. the fenders arent because they are aluminum, right?
so it was prolly sitting for a while.

edit: AND THE WING SURVIVED! Hah!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
since you said it happened in the rain, and in these pix it is dry and sunny, i'm going to assume they were wet and rusted, and not that he didn't hit the brakes, giving the benefit of the doubt.

also, in some of the other pix, the area's of bare metal (front door) is rusting. the fenders arent because they are aluminum, right?
so it was prolly sitting for a while.

edit: AND THE WING SURVIVED! Hah!
demonfire, I hear what you're saying, and I agree, people are having issues with their EVOs already rusting, my point with the brakes are is he must of slammed on them really hard, for quite a long time in order to disturb the brake pads and the rotors in order for them to rust that much.

Yep the hood and the front fenders are aluminum (i.e. rather expensive to get repaired).

Yeah, I almost thought the wing did get damaged, but it looks like one side just came unbolted from the trunk.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Semi-metallic brake pads, it's partially the brake dust rusting, as well as every time a brake pad touches the rotor at speed, the rotor is loosing a little bit of metal.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I think we need laws that say your insurance company does not have to pay if it's proved you were street racing.
Don't most insurance policies say that if you are commiting a crime, they don't have to pay? Wouldn't this cover Street Racing, it covers DUI for sure.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok I agree the guy is an idiot, but why say he deserves worse or he deserve what he got. It's almost sounding like you wish he would have been in a wheelchair all his life or dead, Ok so he [censored]ED UP, and I know he could have killed someone else. But he didn't, besides he is going to have hard enough time paying for insurance now, thats if he didn't get dropped.
Street Race or No Street Race,

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Ok I agree the guy is an idiot, but why say he deserves worse or he deserve what he got. It's almost sounding like you wish he would have been in a wheelchair all his life or dead, Ok so he [censored]ED UP, and I know he could have killed someone else. But he didn't, besides he is going to have hard enough time paying for insurance now, thats if he didn't get dropped.
oh lord, not this converstaion again. it's my opinion that whatever comes of a stupid decision is DESERVED. you knew the risks, you took them, and you deserve whatever the outcome might be. be it a broken leg or a severed head, you deserved it because you had a choice. it's all about karma really. instead of the dreaded "what if" when it comes to other peoples' saftey the person responsible gets what's coming to them.

to hell with feeling pity for someone for their stupid mistakes.

Nate

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
oh lord, not this converstaion again. it's my opinion that whatever comes of a stupid decision is DESERVED. you knew the risks, you took them, and you deserve whatever the outcome might be. be it a broken leg or a severed head, you deserved it because you had a choice. it's all about karma really. instead of the dreaded "what if" when it comes to other peoples' saftey the person responsible gets what's coming to them.

to hell with feeling pity for someone for their stupid mistakes.

Nate
Exactly, be it doin [censored] like this or hopin in your car drunk with 3 other passengers, wreckin and killin someone. The innocent deserve to pull thru and the guilty deserve what they get and sometimes they deserve more.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Don't hate! I know we all have st raced at one time just 2 weeks ago I had to pay $250.00 to get my car out of inpound for st racing. I have to say that st racing is out of this world!!! I love but think I am dun w/it rather take it to the track. But still I know that all of you have dun it one time or another. I have heard Dana speek of st raceing himself. So B 4 you hate on what he did, I know that, that car of his is his baby, and I know he was not trying to hurt it. I feel bad for the guy. Maybe next time he will slow it down a notch, and not in the rain.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Don't hate! I know we all have st raced at one time just 2 weeks ago I had to pay $250.00 to get my car out of inpound for st racing. I have to say that st racing is out of this world!!! I love but think I am dun w/it rather take it to the track. But still I know that all of you have dun it one time or another. I have heard Dana speek of st raceing himself. So B 4 you hate on what he did, I know that, that car of his is his baby, and I know he was not trying to hurt it. I feel bad for the guy. Maybe next time he will slow it down a notch, and not in the rain.
while you're right about most of that, it's a no-no to talk about it on FJ, even in the past tense, so be careful what ya say lol

·
Registered
887 Posts
for some reason the first thing that comes to mind is the word "IDIOT". That said, it looks like remarkably little damage for a car supposedly going at a high rate of speed.

Why,to some people, does AWD equate to NFB(no f**king brains)?

As for the rusting brake rotors, heck, they ALL do that if they get wet and sit for a couple of days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts