Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I thought i'd make a post with a new kit we've been working on for the ZX3. The kits are done and ready to go, we are just experimenting with different mufflers now. The design is similar to the HKS, or other rear muffler kits.

We will be able to use 2.25, 2.5 and 3 inch sizes. so far we have not narrowed down the mufflers the kit will come with. The current muffler used is a "house" brand (or Yodude brand). We hope to also have a Weapon R kit, and Arospeed kit.

ofcourse we'll also have stainless and aluminzied steel. i'll have prices for the YoDude kit in afew days, when we find out what other mufflers will be offered, ill have those prices also (should be a week or so).

for now, i thought i'd give you all a peek.

later guys
josh
www.yodudeperformance.com

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks nice
My suggestion would be the Weapon R G5 Cannon, but thats just me. Either way the exhaust looks nice hope to hear more about it soon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Id like to hear it with one muffler ,..i bet its loud, as long as its not buzzy its good..a 2nd muffler would probably restrict some hp..

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Dude 1-> Yo bro, what kinda exhaust U gotz on dat Focus?!?
Dude 2 -> YoDude!
Dude 1-> What man?
Dude 2 -> YoDude!
Dude 1-> What Dude?
Dude 2 -> A YoDude?
Dude 1-> What!? I just wanna know what kinda exhaust that izzz!
Dude 2 -> YoDude!
Dude 1-> I give up...>>walks away>>

Sorry, bored.

Can't wait to see the final piece.

- Drew

[ 10-12-2002, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: focusownerskid ]

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
1 suggestion, as far as the rear muffler, make the tip NOT ANGLES LIKE THAT< that what alot of the ricer rear mufflers look like that people put on civics and such, make it loook more of a HKS muffler tipe, straight cut tip, thin wall, and clean, and if possible, especially if its gonna come out to the side like that, if it was a straight muffler, angled is cool, but if its already coming out to the side, the tip looks much better just round and not angle cut, i know, because thats how my hks is..

and a resonator and another muffler would be cool, you guys should make that design in 2.5" for a race header aplication with an extra large muffler to quiet things way down..then i may be interested, only because my HKS is a bit smaller than a 2 1/4" and im pushing about 150-160whp right now and it may be maxing out....

but a 2.5" HKS type exhuast would be awesome, because i love the loook of it

[ 10-12-2002, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah i sorta like the stright cut tip a little better..like the HKS Hiper... Check out the OBX B5 muffler or one of those Arospeed ones.. i totalyl dig it mounted on an angle with all the piping showing though..thats hot..looks like HKS Hiper...Im very itnerested in this system

Looks like YoDude is gona sell like hotcakes

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Cool. A exhaust system that's similar in looks like the HKS (no angle on tip) would be f'n awesome.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think if YoDude is going to use another brand's muffler , they should use the OBX O5, my friend has OBx, soudns great. the Weapon R G5 looks ricey , if im thinkin of the right one

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just a quick question Josh, a friend of mine lives in Tallahasse. I wanted him to go by your shop to check out your products, but there's no shop , it's a Mail Box ETC. What's up with that? You guys are based in Miami right, but you have a P.O. Box in Tallahasse? I'm just a little curious. Just wanted to know before I invest in your product.

·
Registered
166 Posts
what kind of muffler is that in the pic? looks good, but id prefer a str8 cut tip like HKS style, that looks more like 5 zigen

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
focus fury,
i think theres a post afew days back i left. anyhow, our warehouse is in miami, which is where all our products are shipped from. our office, where all orders are forwarded is in tallahassee.

we will have a shop opened for the the public in miami, in about 6-12 months. sorry for the inconvience guys, products are strickly mail-order for the next few months.

my e-mail is always open for questions, as well as our office phone line.

josh
YD Performance

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
1 suggestion, as far as the rear muffler, make the tip NOT ANGLES LIKE THAT< that what alot of the ricer rear mufflers look like that people put on civics and such, make it loook more of a HKS muffler tipe, straight cut tip, thin wall, and clean, and if possible, especially if its gonna come out to the side like that, if it was a straight muffler, angled is cool, but if its already coming out to the side, the tip looks much better just round and not angle cut, i know, because thats how my hks is..

and a resonator and another muffler would be cool, you guys should make that design in 2.5" for a race header aplication with an extra large muffler to quiet things way down..then i may be interested, only because my HKS is a bit smaller than a 2 1/4" and im pushing about 150-160whp right now and it may be maxing out....

but a 2.5" HKS type exhuast would be awesome, because i love the loook of it
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">uhhh....There are only one or two mufflers like that that won't be angled. besides...if you want something different, GET THE OTHER KIT!!

It is quite simple you see

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
glad to see the interest,
i understand what your talking about with the angles. we would most likly use the G5 and such type mufflers.

the kit will definatly come in 2.25 and 2.5 inches, 3 inch as well.

and as for sound, i forgot to add, we can use a resonators on these kits. the resonators would go about the center of the car, and are about 20 inches. i'll see if i can get some pics.

josh
YoDude Performance

·
Registered
816 Posts
3" with resonator and straight cut tip...

·
Registered
294 Posts
LOL, the honda boys that know what they're talking about would all have a great laugh at us if they ever heard us discussing how cool obx, weapon R, or aerospeed mufflers are
Dont make it so people dont wanna be like focus drivers

I can hear it now...
"I just wanna hook up my car a little, not like a focus or anything, because thats dumb, but..."

1 - 20 of 38 Posts