Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick review of this tire for others who might be interested. Got these tires off Tire Rack for $97 each plus shipping. Arrived in three days after the order was processed. The reviews on tire racks site go from raves to total haters. If you are used to purchasing very high end tires (140+/tire range) you may find these lacking, however for a $100 tire these are phenomenal in my opinion. They really make the Stock Conti's look bad, both in visual apperance and performance. The Conti's cost more and grip less. While the Yoko's do squeal a little when driving hard around corners(at least right now, some say this goes away after a 1000 miles or so) its a reassuring squeal. The conti's, in my opinion, never really communicted to the driver, they would grip until the point of breaking traction, the Yoko's let you know and the break away seems pretty progressive. With only a couple hundred miles on the new tires, I haven't really had a chance to really work the tires, but as I said, I already believe them to be superior to the Conti's. This is a good omen as many of the reviewers on the Tire Rack site say that after the tires are heat cycled a few time grip increases. I would definetley recommend these to anyone who is looking for new tires. Drove an SVT with the Kuhmo Ecsta's and they were nice, but i still feel the Yoko's are worth the extra $13. Just my .02!

·
Registered
734 Posts
sweet, i ordered a set last week, 2 of em are here already, and the other 2 should get here tommorow (they got seperated in shipping or somethin by ups i guess, i thought that was kinda weird)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have put around 2000 miles on my es100. Great tires. Today I had the chance to autocross with them. I love the grip but I can tell they wont last long if I ride them like that too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts