Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people

weve just flown back (23 May)from the best family holiday EVER in Orlando
We were a party of 8 (My family and my buddy with his wife and kids) We stayed at the days Inn Lakeside, the accomadation was clean and comfortable

My buddy and I booked Dodge Neons online before we flew. My buddy signed for and picked up his car.

When I went to get mine I had to laugh when the clerk apologised for "not" having a Neon available, and asked if "I minded having a bigger car at no extra charge"

That bigger car was a Dodge Intrepid 2.7 ltr 24v fully loaded ..to say my buddy was pi$$ed is an understatement

It was our first visit but certainly not our last to the US. Temperatures in the hi 80's/low 90's, gas averaging $1.45 (we pay on average £3.60 or roughly $5.60 here in the UK)

We did the Disneyland, Kennedy Space centre, Busch Gardens, Cocoa Beach...man 2 weeks wasnt long enough. You Americans are so friendly to visitors, food is fantastic and so cheap.

Dont even get me started about your factory outlets, my wardrobe looks like a small branch of the Nike store

I noticed most of your Foci were sedans, I hardly saw any zx3/5 and the wagons were even rarer

Dont get me wrong I dont believe for a second that the US doesnt have problems like anywhere else in the world, what Im saying is we had a fantastic time in your country.

The rainy old place called London which is our home...somehow aint the same

Roll on 2005 when we plan to holiday in the US again...hopefully flydrive for a month

Davydave aka focusfocus

ps I dont mean to offend, but why do some people do this to their Foci? I understand they are called bra's...what exactly is their purpose?

[ 05-24-2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: focusfocus ]

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm with you on the bra issue....they look like ass IMO.

It protects the paint from rock chips and bugs and stuff. But if it doesnt fit really tight, it just rubs and damages the paint anyway.

There are places that custom make clear ones...they're pretty pricey, but they look good (that means you cant see them unless you look at it just right)

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
Good to hear that you had a good time in Florida.

People put bras on their cars to keep them from getting rock chips in the front of their car. I think they look tacky, but other people have differing opinions, I'm sure.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Glad you had a good time in the usa

People put the bras on their cars to protect the paint from chips due to rocks hitting the front bumper and hood.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Can you repeat that?

Glad ya had fun... Disney is awesome

·
Registered
227 Posts
Glad you had fun. Personally, I want to go back to London and maybe live there a few years. Great music, great clubs, great cars, among many other things. I'd love to do my own personal comparo of an Exige and a M12 GTO.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Glad you had a great time in Florida.

On the bra question, did you notice all the dead bugs on the front of your rental when you returned it? I've used bra's before when I lived in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina but not all the time, just when I was making a long drive somewhere to help keep all that road grime and bug junk off the front of my car. If there was one for the svtf it would be on for my drive down to FX03.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Floridia is a great part of the country, I'm from their originally and miss it...its a lot better than this communist state known as Virginia.
Hopfully I will be visiting England soon when I deploy soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by AnythingButAFocus:
The USA sucks, and that's why I'm moving to Canada.

Andrew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hah, sucks to be u man
canada or the us................. us......
have fun with the frenchies

·
Registered
6,779 Posts

Andrew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just ignore him....
Come visit Texas next time you swim over. Be carefull though, its gets kinda warm here.
Sunburn---->

·
Registered
248 Posts
You should come back one year in October/early November, as it seems to be a popular time for the Brits to come. On my last trip to central Florida during this time I could have sworn it was a Brittish colony. The weather was still warm enough to swim, and the queues for the rides were nonexistant. I rode the Hulk coaster at Universal Studios so many times I started to get ill. (I would recommend this park on you next visit if you didnt get to it this time)

·
Banned
3,562 Posts

Andrew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You going to sarsronto?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
^^^

Maybe its cuz its 2 am, but that was REALLY funny.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Davy,
I am glad that you had a great time here in Florida and enjoyed a lot of the tourist areas
.Yeah 2 weeks isn't enough to see everything but at least you had a great time.I hope that you return back one day from the U.K.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts