Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: You guys werent here when i needed you the mos

whoa, hold on a sec. if you tried to get help a few days ago when the site was having problems then thats nobodies fault. if that is not the case and you asked for help and no one replied then we're sorry.

either way you got bent over on that brake job. if all the mechanic replaced was the brake pads and rotors then you were definitely screwed.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

We'll make it up to you, i've got 4 (2 brand new) team dynamic monza sitting in my garage that don't fit on my EVO.

·
Registered
744 Posts
ok. a few days ago my brakes started to sqeak outta no where. then quickly it progressed to a slight grind so i completely stopped driving the car for the next 2 days until i could get it to the shop. normally i would have asked you guys (and girls) on here what the problem could be, what could be done to fix it, and approximately how much it would be. but instead i had to rely on the word of the guy at tires plus. now i dont know if he really ripped me off but he said i needed 2 new front brakes AND rotors!!! my car only has 19000 miles on it! but there was nothing i could do about it because i had no one to consult about this! so i had to dish out $400 to get it fixed (with a $20 coupon as well). but it came out of my funds to get rims and now i am very set back in that
i just wanted to flame and tell everyone that focaljet let me down for the first time
ummmmm, if u only have 19k miles on ur car, it should still be under warranty!!??!!

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
ok. a few days ago my brakes started to sqeak outta no where. then quickly it progressed to a slight grind so i completely stopped driving the car for the next 2 days until i could get it to the shop. normally i would have asked you guys (and girls) on here what the problem could be, what could be done to fix it, and approximately how much it would be. but instead i had to rely on the word of the guy at tires plus. now i dont know if he really ripped me off but he said i needed 2 new front brakes AND rotors!!! my car only has 19000 miles on it! but there was nothing i could do about it because i had no one to consult about this! so i had to dish out $400 to get it fixed (with a $20 coupon as well). but it came out of my funds to get rims and now i am very set back in that
i just wanted to flame and tell everyone that focaljet let me down for the first time
ummmmm, if u only have 19k miles on ur car, it should still be under warranty!!??!!
Brakes, clutch, tie rod ends, bushings, dampers, are all only covered for 12,000 miles. "Wear and tear item"

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
is that part of ford's cost cutting?

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Dude, it's called a phone book, yellow pages, internet.

Look up brake places, make a few calls, shop around.

Hell even Meineke will give you an estimate before they start work.

It's kinda your own fault for paying that much to the first guy you took it too.

The Jet isn't designed to hold your hand throughout your Focus ownership. You're a big boy, step out into the world.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Brakes, clutch, tie rod ends, bushings, dampers, are all only covered for 12,000 miles. "Wear and tear item"

[/QUOTE]

dunno man, my contour had 25k on it, i had the exact same prob, squeeks, grinding, brakes not "gripping" etc and dealer replaced pads/rotors all under my warranty......to tell you the truth no one in my family has had any probs w/the dealership replacing(sp) brakes etc as long as the warranty is still valid.....

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
[censored].

The focus comes with a 3 year 36,000 mile BUMPER to BUMPER warranty. (and new ones have a 5 year 100,000 power train warranty) The only things not included is normal maintenance (oil changes, filter changes) If your breaks start to go that early there is something wrong and they should be replaced under warranty. The only exceptions are if you used the car for racing, or you modified the car in some way to damage it. For ford to deny your warranty service they would have to prove that something out of the ordinary happened to cause the problem.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whoa whoa whoa! lol. i wasnt actaully mad or anything and i know it wasnt anybody's fault on here i was just sayin. i knew i was gettin bent over on the brake job but there wasnt anything i could do. and i was gonna ask to see the old parts but i decided it didnt really matter and there was nothin i could do then. and as for the warrenty anyway...my car is a theft recovery and has no warrenty anymore. i got it for 6000 with only 7000 miles so i wasnt too worried about it. but anyway...i was just sayin so i dont want everyone gettin all mad at me. thanks for all the comments tho

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
um, how did [FJ] let you down? you didn't ask for any advice or anything. why would you even ask our advice to begin with? i am assuming that you are old enough to make your own decisions. in my opinion, your brakes shouldn't have failed that early (assuming you are easy on them like i am on mine.) if you weren't satisfied with the diagnosis at the auto shop, why didn't you go somewhere else? to blame focaljet users for your poor decision making is childish.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
...my car is a theft recovery and has no warrenty anymore. i got it for 6000 with only 7000 miles so i wasnt too worried about it. but anyway...i was just sayin so i dont want everyone gettin all mad at me. thanks for all the comments tho
^^^There is the explaination so no need to go over any warranty issue since it has none.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts

EVERYONE should know that when you hear your brakes start to squeal its time for SOME NEW BRAKES!

BTW YEA you DID get ripped off. You could've done it your self with NEW rotors if they were really needed for like 150.00 and 1 hour of your whiny labor.

·
Registered
482 Posts
i had to have mine replaced ( pads and rotors) at 21000 miles. it doesn't sound like the guy ripped you off at all. its just the OEM rotors and pads don't last long.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hm...ok! enough with the raggin. i was just statin somethin and didnt need everyone to bitch about it! some people are sayin i got ripped off, some are sayin i didnt. it doesnt really matter now and i dont know how to replace brakes and rotors at the time anyway

1 - 20 of 22 Posts