Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's kinda growing on me. It have the same 'small car but big interior' feel to it. Make me all comfortable to be inside it. It have the 'same' 6 CD changer that I love on my Focus. I didnt get to test drive it, cause I was running out of time. But I'm sure it drives as nice as the Focus.

It's a shame the aftermarket is non existant. Cause I wouldnt mind owning a Aerio once I'm done paying off my Focus. Use my Focus for the track and the Aerio for the streets.

I dont know. Maybe I have a small car fetish.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I took one on a two day, 300 mile test drive and let me tell you, they S U C K !!!!

The digital dash was a novel idea but the car was slow, ugly and it handled like an F250 4X4 with a 26" lift sitting on 13" gold Daytons.

Don't let that shytebox fool you. It blows like Heidi Fleiss at the Oscars.

·
Registered
688 Posts
In C&D November 02' it placed 9'th out of 10 possible. Quote: "Instead of a ****pit, the mood is more like the flight deck of a ups truck."
. Test drive one first before committing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
This car was my second choice if I couldnt find a used black zx3. There is a club for them with a website and forums just like ours. I believe they have progress springs to fix the crappy ride, and I was looking around the web and saw that some one turbocharged it here. This type of cars are very popular in Jap. so they have a lot of aftermarket support there. Go to cardomain.com and look at pics of Aerio, and i believe that there is a link to their club.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by Zxtremely3:
It's kinda growing on me. It have the same 'small car but big interior' feel to it. Make me all comfortable to be inside it. It have the 'same' 6 CD changer that I love on my Focus. I didnt get to test drive it, cause I was running out of time. But I'm sure it drives as nice as the Focus.

It's a shame the aftermarket is non existant. Cause I wouldnt mind owning a Aerio once I'm done paying off my Focus. Use my Focus for the track and the Aerio for the streets.

I dont know. Maybe I have a small car fetish.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Where you from?
In my Opinion, Focus' have good time on streets too, and I'm sure drive nicer.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Originally posted by Zxtremely3:
I didnt get to test drive it, cause I was running out of time. But I'm sure it drives as nice as the Focus.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The test drive will change your mind. I got stuck with an Aerio for 2 days while my Focus was in the shop. The inside is nice, lots of room, and the dash layout is really cool, but...it handles like ass.

The automatic was so slow it made me long for my SPI (that should tell you something). Cornering was nowhere near as tight and smooth as the Focus-it was a lot like cornering my 93 Taurus (which needs suspension work and an alignment), except the car couldnt accelerate out of it like my Taurus can.

If you are sitting at a stop light, inside the car, its a great car. Once the light turns green, or you get out, you realize just how horrible it really is.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
It's ugly and from what I heard, handles as lame as the interior looks...

BUT it has a motor that will make 200 WHEEL hp!!!

Import Tuner (not a mag racer but interested nonetheless) fabricated a custom turbo setup and dyno'ed the aerio at 209? WHEEL hp.

can you picture getting beat by a Suzuki Aerio [on the drag strip of course
] ?

·
Registered
470 Posts
One of my friends G\Fs bought one. I did some minor mods for her, and was very impressed with how easy they made it to work on. Tuner friendly!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know, alot of people rent a automatic Focus and they all probably think Focis are POS econobox with pickup. The point is, I dont want a sport car. I want a car that I can modify and I dont want a Civic, yet.

And as someone mention before, the engine is very easy to work on. It's almost scary easy. the engine compartment is so open that you can almost step into. The front bumper cover have a huge hole in it, like a FMIC is suppose to go in there. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure it haves to be pretty easy to route up a Turbocharger on this car. Have no idea on tuning.

As for handling, I dont know it's struts all around with a independent rear suspension ( I dont know about the AWD version). It cant handle that badly. And if there's a huge racing series with nonthing but Aerios in Japan then there gots to be something about this car.

I dont know. Personally I'll be looking at this car for the next few years and see what happens to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts