Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got it and would like to know if anyone has had any problems with them. And also if anyone has advice on some settings for it that would be helpfull.thanx

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have one on my SHO. The only way to get the max out of it, is to have it dyno tuned. I never had any problems with mine. Just make sure to solder the wires. You don't want any spiking from loose wires. It could possibly fry your EEC or the SAFC. What MAF are you running? I found mine had a larger gain on the stock unit, but combined(AFC tuning+MAF), I had more of an gain with my ProM unit. That's just because of the near perfect calibration from ProM. It will also let you sleep better knowing you have a proper AF ratio after getting it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using the stock MAF and a vibrant cool air intake. Not chiped yet. I have FC's 70mm throttle body, intake manifold, and 24lb injectors on the way. Will a superchip work correctly with the S-AFC. I have a wet Zex nitrous kit also coming. Will the nitrous be a problem with this unit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am using the stock MAF and a vibrant cool air intake. Not chiped yet. I have FC's 70mm throttle body, intake manifold, and 24lb injectors on the way. Will a superchip work correctly with the S-AFC. I have a wet Zex nitrous kit also coming. Will the nitrous be a problem with this unit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I currently have a 99 Ranger MAF and was planning on scooping up an S-AFC to install with it. Altough I have no idea how the Ranger MAF is calibrated (after all it is 70mm for 3.0l engine) the S-AFC should still allow me to fine tune the ratios right? By this I mean it should work just as well on the Ranger MAF as it would on a ProM right??? Or am I delusional (as usual)

[email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts
The AFC will tune any MAF equally to any other(given the performance range of the MAF). The voltage range on my 75mm ProM is most likely larger than the range on the Ranger MAF. And I think you will still need your EEC either re-flashed, or get a chip to have the right size injectors calibrated. The AFC is more for fine tuning the curve, rather than plotting a new one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally posted by Fusionimageracing:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would get the Superchip, and all the other mods on the car first. Then go to the dyno, make a base run, then tune the AFC accordingly to the ratio/curve your car pulls. With the new chip, and fuel and intake mods, you will most likely need a nice tune. Nitrous shouldn't affect the AFC's tuning. Nitrous is sprayed after the MAF, so it won't affect the curve/voltage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will I be able to install the S-AFC and have it display info about the rpm's and thr. with out making any changes to the air flow signal untill I have the rest of my mods here and installed?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Im pretty sure that since it just modifies the signal of your MAF, if you install it and dont make any changes to the curve (dont modify it) then youd have the same a/f as you did before. At least this is how it works on my roomates prelude with a V-AFC. So yes you can install it and have that snazzy looking unit on your dash until you finally get a chance to tune it

[email protected]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Originally posted by Fusionimageracing:
Will I be able to install the S-AFC and have it display info about the rpm's and thr. with out making any changes to the air flow signal untill I have the rest of my mods here and installed?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes all you need is the focus computer diagram, I have one if you e-mail me I'll be able to send it to you.

I have a Ranger Maf and it dyno tested 10whp, but since the AFC I haven't be able to tune it correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts