1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You\'re car is neither Fast nor Furious - T-shirt & contest

Anyone see this shirt before?

Plus, in the forums they have this contest going on:
Ok folks, we all know about the F&F2 coming out June 6th. Well heres your chance to stick it to all the ricers once and for all.

The contest goes as follows.

Go to the movie theaters and camp out and wait for ricers to show up on June 6th (you know they will be there). Take as many pictures as you can! You will have ONE week to develope them and post them on the board in a special forum i will make. I'm telling you this now so you cant say, "well i didnt have time to get a camera" or "but i dont have a digital camera".... well now you have time to develope them and send them in.

Prizes are as follows.

ø Most ricers in one pic - 1000pts
ø Funniest ricer in one pic - 2000pts
ø Ugliest ricer in one pic - 3000pts
ø Best looking car - 4000pts (must be the same theater and parking lot as the rest)
ø Pic of a ricer getting busted by the cops - 8,000 pts
ø Most ricer pics of diff. cars - 3000pts
ø Pics of ricers doing stupid stuff in the parking lot (burnouts, accidents, etc..) - 5,000pts.
ø Wearing your "your car is neither fast nor furious" next to a ricer - 250pts For each pic (you must have a pic of this)
And the grand daddy of them all, the biggest prize as of yet.

ø The best and funniest ricer pic (choosen by me) will get a Anti-Rice T-shirt, 10,000 pts and a custom title!
ø They cannot have any site logo's attached to them, must be unaltered in everyway, except for cropping.

Did i miss any?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

[ 05-12-2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Penguini66 ]

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Re: You\'re car is neither Fast nor Furious - T-shirt & contest

I want one of those shirts so I can wear it to 2F2F. I'll have to take my dads vette though cuz my car fits in the "neither fast nor furious" category.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

if only i still lived in cali i would be all over milpitas and san jose

·
Registered
25 Posts

oh man- this has to be one of the funniest damn things i have ever read....

seann

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Where can I buy the shirt!?

I looked through the thread, couldn't find out where to get the shirt itself.

That is great

- Drew

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Order the shirt

And wow, I figured 2 minutes after I posted this I'd be yelled at for reposting. Even though I searched first...

[ 05-12-2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Penguini66 ]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I haven't seen this one before:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

^^^
That wing rocks!!! I gotta get me one.

·
Registered
744 Posts

can I buy a shirt?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

Originally posted by Penguini66:
I haven't seen this one before:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Don't make fun of My Honda,at least I can still Iron my shirt on the way to work.

·
Registered
179 Posts

the ironing board modd is no joke. a guy on base has one on his cav. the car is just crap. crap with crap...

·
Registered
2,301 Posts

You guys realize that the types of people who do these web sites and sell these shirts would be saying this about our Focuses, right? Even the fastest ones, like Tom's.

I wouldn't wear one of these T-shirts if I was paid to, simply because I'm tired of being accused of being a "Fast & Furious" freak, or a "ricer". I've been a die-hard car enthusiast since I was at least 9 years old, if not younger (that's a quarter of a century in case you were wondering). I've been obsessed with cars, and doing cheap mods on my '97 Contour SE, long before that stupid movie came out, and I'm tired of being accused of being a ricer just because I happen to like smaller cars, and like to do what I can to make them faster.

And, once I have my JRSC fully modified for higher boost, I'll take even more pleasure in dusting off all of those redneck schmucks in their beat up old Mustangs and Camaros.

·
Registered
299 Posts

Originally posted by MattHarrell:

I wouldn't wear one of these T-shirts if I was paid to, simply because I'm tired of being accused of being a "Fast & Furious" freak, or a "ricer". I've been a die-hard car enthusiast since I was at least 9 years old, if not younger (that's a quarter of a century in case you were wondering). I've been obsessed with cars, and doing cheap mods on my '97 Contour SE, long before that stupid movie came out, and I'm tired of being accused of being a ricer just because I happen to like smaller cars, and like to do what I can to make them faster.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I totally agree man. I've been into cars since about that age too. When i was 15 going onto 16 i got my first car. I never "riced it out" with a bunch of ugly sh*t on the outside. Even now with my focus i'm still called a ricer, or a wanabe ricer and I'm tired of it too man.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

It does kind of suck that just because the Focus fits into the compact segment, we get lumped into the rice category. And maybe that's because of some of the things we do to our cars. That's why I've restricted any useless visual/exterior modifications to my car. The only thing that makes it look non-stock is the Borla tip. Stock wheels, untouched black moldings and no window tint...and especially, no stickers! If I had a sponsor, I'd run their stickers if they paid me to but there is no way I'm going to give some company free advertising on my car. Putting a 2 foot APC sticker on your hood (yes I've seen it), just doesn't make any sense to me. And putting stickers on the side like contingency stickers on a race car? Well, thats not actually all that bad right? Whatever, I just think its dumb to give free advertising. And the general opinion is: 'stickers = rice' and 'top fuel drag wings on a FWD car = rice' (especially on a hatchback)

Therefore, since some people do some things to their cars that some people consider rice: Any modified Focus is Rice? It just sucks that people are ignorant and refuse to believe that a 4 cylinder FWD car can be fun to drive and relatively fast. But, if you spend some time in an informed community like the SCCA, you will quickly see the respect for our little compact cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts