Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the svt in for the reflash. car has no surging or stalling, but the rpms still hang between shifts. is this supposed to happen? also the IAC valve (intake air control) is supposedly bad. they had to order it, not in stock (not a surprise there...) anyhow, i will keep you posted. so far, i am pleased with the new update.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had it done too. So far so good. Car seemed to pull a little better overall too.

I think the RPMs are always going to hang some when you have a huge 22 lb dual mass flywheel with much energy when whizzing around at engine speeds.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yea i agree..that heavy flywheel will keep the rpms up there...not a bad thing when you're racing..helps keep the revs up..but making it rev faster is sacrificed..

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think the RPMs are always going to hang some when you have a huge 22 lb dual mass flywheel with much energy when whizzing around at engine speeds.
actually its 24.5lb
hehe

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
today was the first time driven from a cold start since the update. no surging, no chugging, no more near-stalls when decelerating/stopping. i think svt finally got it right with this update. i wonder how much things will improve once the new IAC valve is installed. the car seems to fianlly run like it's supposed to!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Did your dealership say anything about your mods? Thats if youve done any yet of course.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did your dealership say anything about your mods? Thats if youve done any yet of course.
a good friend of mine is the service manager at the dealership where i had the update done, so i can get all the work done to my modded car without listening to all the BS that they try to cram down your throat, however the tech that did the update was hesitant to do the update because of the mods on my car. it turned out that the IAC (idle air control) valve was bad, so they ordered one (still waiting for it.) when it comes in, and if there is any difference in anything, i will post the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts