Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you know I had to get this to compare it. First I'd like to thank Tony D at NEW EDGE for getting me one as soon as he got em.

The install is pretty easy and the engine movement at idle dosent even exist anymore.

I also like other jetters had the tranny knock at idle this virtually eliminates that, (God I hated that noise).

Here is a pic, as you can see its has a smaller bushing which i expected to be better, and allow less movement. I had the energy suspension mounts prior to this.

If you are looking to get this, got to
WWW.NEWEDGEPERFORMANCE.COM

Thanks Tony D, you are the MAN!

·
Registered
417 Posts
being that it doesnt have the rough idle anymore, does it still perform as well in hard shifts? i thought that the reason it idled rough cause the mount was much stiffer, which made the shifts better... if the idle is smoother, wouldnt that mean the mount is a little softer? maybe i am wrong... just wondering.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
This is the kind of information that I was looking for.

I hope to hear more good reviews.

I'm still not convinced that this is an actual improvement modification.

This is the stock one with the ESB's in place.

[ 06-15-2002: Message edited by: S. on Da 5 ]</p>

·
Registered
201 Posts
Seriously Chris,

Is spending 100+ bucks for this thing worth it over 17+ for the ES bushings? Very curious.....My ride with the ES is ROUGH and this smaller dia. bushing looks to feel like a solid engine mount....

Milan

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just to clarify.....does the car/interior have little or no shake at idle like with stock mounts, or does it shake the car at idle (a complaint by many who have changed to other mounts)? TIA

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I put mine in a few days ago. It delivers a much more connected feel to the tires, particularly (obviously) during acceleration and when transitioning between acceleration and deceleration. I noticed no vibration of the car at idle - which surprised me after reading about the ES bushings - and my car idles very low.

The real test will be when I hit some washboarded gravel roads uphill.

I am pretty critical of aftermarket items but I am quite pleased so far and feel the mod was worth the money.

·
Registered
400 Posts
so basically it works great, but not too many of us are willing to part with that much money...and the throwout bearing can be solved easily...just depress the clutch and let it out slowly whenever u come to a stop...
cheap fix huh???

·
Registered
150 Posts
No its not the throwout bearing. Being that ive ripped the whole tranny appart looking for what could possibly be causing the knocking sounds. My take on it is it the pinion gear rattleing against the ring gear. Wheels and axels and diff stay put, and tranny and motor vibrate against it.

MIKE

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
*sigh* I love the search feature.

Looks like my modding is incomplete! Z-Engineering motor mount is on the to do list:D

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I installed one on my car a couple of months back (thanks Tony D). Prior to the installation my car idled very smooth, unlike my wifes focus. But it also made a loud bang power shifting between gears. After installation you can feel the vibration from the engine through the steering wheel and basically throughout the car, but it isn't irritating. However, now it get's the power to the ground without that large bang during power shifts. Is it worth it? Well, that's a matter of opinion. I'm satisfied with my purchase.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I got the ES bushings right in my trunk right now waiting to be installed...I was wondering which one to get before but finally decided on the ESBs because of the price difference and the fact that I didn't think there'd be THAT much of a difference.

I'm now considering exchanging...

CTZX3 and all those who've had experience with both: Compared to the Z-engineering, does the ES product help reduce tranny movement during [hard] shifting?

S.on Da 5 and all those who have the ESB right now: How drastic is the reduction of motor movement? Does it help in reducing tranny movement during [hard] shifting?

Thanks alot. appreciate any info.

E

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
if i remember correctly, after comparing both and driving for a while, CTZX3 said the ES bushing was his choice

I have the ES bushing and like it alot, vibration was bad at first but after driving with it for a while the vibration gets less and less...doesnt bother me at all now

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Focused:
I got the ES bushings right in my trunk right now waiting to be installed...I was wondering which one to get before but finally decided on the ESBs because of the price difference and the fact that I didn't think there'd be THAT much of a difference.

CTZX3 and all those who've had experience with both: Compared to the Z-engineering, does the ES product help reduce tranny movement during [hard] shifting?

S.on Da 5 and all those who have the ESB right now: How drastic is the reduction of motor movement? Does it help in reducing tranny movement during [hard] shifting?

E
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i went back to the stock piece with the ES motor mounts, and it is alot better in performance.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Focused said:

E

It has been such a long time since I drove my Focus. Has been parked for about 2 years.

I do remember that the car just bit down and smoothly accelearated. Felt more smooth.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts