Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03' zetec zx3 5spd with udp, I/H/E, 65mm TB, cam gears, 200lbs weight reduction. z24 5spd, udp, I/H/E. 1/8 mile and 1/4. you think i would be safe with this performance mods or do you think the stage three comp cams would help out with a xcalibrator 2. oh yea will i have to grind the head for the stg 3 cams. thanks. races will be saturday.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Should be a close race. Z24's are good for mid 16's with basic mods.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
i got I/H/E, 5speed, pullies, 102 lbs. weight reduction, short shifter....

cavi Z24's still give me a run for the money....even when they have just intake and exhaust.

It will definatley be close to call. Just run it. If you get beat, you get beat.

dentless dave!!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
z24's are beefy 4 bangers..... ive seen severel stock 5spd ones stay with svtf on the track....... dont underrate them

should be a drivers race..... let us know what happens and post a slip or 2 from your track day!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
looks like a good way to lose a motor. Gotta love ebay.
If it even works.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
looks like a good way to lose a motor. Gotta love ebay.
If it even works.
Oh it would work... for about 2.5 seconds until a rod came through the block or a hole is burned in a piston.
I just assume that "shady shot" is an ebay scam. Has anyone tested the shady shot nitrous system?

I know dry nitrous is not safe to use with stock internals and without the right tuning ect to compensate fuel.

·
Banned
613 Posts
car lengths as a time measurement doesnt sound like it was "At the track" to me... keep the racing off the streets and hit up ur local drag strip. best of 3 loser pays gate fee.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
damn street racing, GRRRRR I HATE IT!!!!!

clean up ur act pal or ur gone.

good drivers dont do 2 things.

1. bad starts
2. street race

-ult

1 - 16 of 16 Posts