Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, not focus related but I'm sure some of you have lubed a chassis in your day. So it's been a while since I lubed the chassis on my Avalanche and I climbed under there with a new grease gun to do it the other day and all the grease just comes spitting around the zerk - I don't think any is actually going in. Anybody else ever had problems with this? Do you think it could be rusted shut or something? (Michigan winters)

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know my focus doesn't have any. But I know for a fact that my Avalanche has 11 fittings, I put my grease gun on three of them and none of them accepted grease.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Whenever I've had that problem, it was because I wasn't getting a good seal between the gun and the nipple. The fix is to press the gun's tip tight against the Zerk fitting, making sure it's lined up just right, and keeping pressure applied while pumping the gun.

If that doesn't work, you might be able to just thread a new Zerk fitting on there. I've got a Zerk fitting assortment from Harbor Freight that I've had for over 10 years now - I bought it for the heck of it, but so far I've never needed to use it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts