Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Zetec have a block drain port anywhere on the block? If so, where is it located? I'd like to get the majority of the coolant out of the block before pulling the engine from the car.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^Thanks, yeah I've already drained all that, but it only drains the block as low as the water pump (lower rad hose level). I'm just trying to keep as much coolant out of the short block as possible when I remove the head.

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
Dan, I don't think there are any good coolant drain plugs on the block. Draining the radiator gets pretty close to 80% of it out of the block, IIRC.

·
I'm bringing Zetec back...
3,345 Posts
I'm changing my head out right now, and I too cannot figure out where there is a block drain plug. Im going to drain the radiator and the T-stat housing and hope that is enough to not make a big mess! If anybody knows where the block drain is at LMK!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to turn the engine 90-180* while it's on the engine stand and let it drain b4 pulling the head. If yours is still in the car then I dunno, maybe try a wet-vac on the water pump outlet to get some out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 ford focus svt 2.0 zetec. Its in a 4 cylinder racecar. Im in Wisconsin and storing it for the winter. I run distilled water with an additive called water wetter. Can anyone tell me if theres a block drain plug and the its location? Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts