Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the svt head outflow a zetec head right out the box? can it outflow a ported zetec head right out the box? is it a direct fit swap? if it is, will a zetec header and intake manifold bolt right up....or are the flanges/port spacing/etc... different on each head?

sorry for the many questions...but i need to know.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
it will flow better out of the box than you can get a zx3 head to flow.

no clue on the manifolds. i can tell you the Ford Racing aluminum(sp) intake manifold will bolt right up perfectly, you'll need the throttle body to go with that most likely. anyway, i can say those intake runners are a bit longer so they come up slightly higher than the stock zx3 ones. good luck!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was told that the zx3 intake or exhaust will not bolt up. The svt exhaust header can be retrofitted on the zx3 with minimal work.
the intake is a no go!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I dont think the svt head will work on a zetec engine. I believe the intake cam on the svt head has variable timing and the intake on the svt has variable runners that open up so either way you will also need a new ecu and probably alot of other things. Im not sure what they would be but ive never looked into it so i dont know all the details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts