Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all. I live in california, so emissions is always hanging over my head. I guess the more important question is - will a car with the kit pass the smog inspection and sniffer test?

·
Registered
287 Posts
The title says it all. I live in california, so emissions is always hanging over my head. I guess the more important question is - will a car with the kit pass the smog inspection and sniffer test?
The kit runs clean just as an OE car does. Consequently, we will be applying for CARB exemption soon.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
How much will that affect the price?? Won't that jack it up quite a bit??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, if I already have the base JRSC on the car, and that CARB sticker, and I up myself to the equivalent big boost kit, then I should pass no problem, theoretically. I am not sure whether I will put together my own setup or just go with the pre-packaged BBK setup, but either way, I don't want to screw around with having to pull parts off the car every two years. The legality was my main consideration in buying the JR setup, and, as is the case with many before me, the boost has become addictive and I crave more.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So, if I already have the base JRSC on the car, and that CARB sticker, and I up myself to the equivalent big boost kit, then I should pass no problem, theoretically. I am not sure whether I will put together my own setup or just go with the pre-packaged BBK setup, but either way, I don't want to screw around with having to pull parts off the car every two years. The legality was my main consideration in buying the JR setup, and, as is the case with many before me, the boost has become addictive and I crave more.
You're from Seal Beach. You've probably been to Walt's Wharf. One of my favorites.

The BBK was calibrated from the beginning to be OE clean. And considering you already have the CARB sticker you are probably OK. Your car will run as clean as it originally did. But the pulley size will be different than what is spec'd out to CARB until the BBK is through the EO process. So if the smog guy measures you pulley you won't pass.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
How much will that affect the price?? Won't that jack it up quite a bit??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts