Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ijust change oil and filter and used mobil 1 which comes in the one gallon container and now the dipstick reads 1 QT overfull,,,WHATS UP WIT DAT!!!Should take 4.5 QTS as tou well know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OPPSY DAISY...I just reread the oil container quantity and what do ya know its a 5 GALLON container!!! HOWES THAT CROW TASTIN. (just make like Im not here)

·
Registered
326 Posts
you put 5 gallons of oil in ur motor??? or do u mean 5 quarts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...5 gallons...I guess your suppost to stop when the block is full. I knew a chick who filled her crankcase with antifreeze through the dipstick tube, when I asked her how she did it she said "I used a kitchen funnel"

·
Registered
102 Posts
Uhh a 5 gallon container is pretty big.... I don't think it's even be possible to put that much oil into our engine with out it overflowing quite a bit???? I could be wrong though

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah...5 gallons...I guess your suppost to stop when the block is full. I knew a chick who filled her crankcase with antifreeze through the dipstick tube, when I asked her how she did it she said "I used a kitchen funnel"
i don't know man...5 gallons comes out to 20 quarts. that's quite an overfill if you put that all in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I put 5 gallons of oil in my engine.....Does that mean I can skip 5 scheduled oil changes?

·
Registered
326 Posts
LOL have fun cleaning your motor!......that oil needs to come out somewhere

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I once put in two quarts in and it was full. Had black smoke coming out. Had to get to the shop and drain the stuff out FAST.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts