Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the pan on my daily driver, so i was figuring of grabbing the pan off my other car and may'be getting a better aftermarket version. Do they even make one and is it even worth the extra money?

·
Registered
337 Posts
i've seen people using dry-sump setups here in the UK on racing zetec engines, but not sure where they sourced them. i know some people use sumps from the older ford CVH engines (when putting zetecs in older RWD kit cars) but CVH sumps are probably no good for FWD because no room for exhaust downpipe clearance.

·
Registered
277 Posts
every now and then you will see an aluminum one pop up on ebay for cheap.

·
Registered
141 Posts
DisrupTer911 said:
Dominik, what do you have done to your car?
Engine: intake, race headers, flex, catback 2 1/4, SCT, cam stage 2, udp, 65mm tb, 4.06 gear + 75 shot nitrous

Suspension: koni yellow, h&r race spring, h&r 24mm rear sway bar, front/rear stress bar, Rota slipstream 16 X 7, Falken azenis 215/45zr16, prothane bushing, Torsen T-2

brake: brembo rotors & hawk HP+ brake pads.

Best time: 13.803 @ 102.96 MPH ..... 14.81 @ 92 MPH w/o nitrous

·
Registered
14,313 Posts
dominick said:
Engine: intake, race headers, flex, catback 2 1/4, SCT, cam stage 2, udp, 65mm tb, 4.06 gear + 75 shot nitrous

Suspension: koni yellow, h&r race spring, h&r 24mm rear sway bar, front/rear stress bar, Rota slipstream 16 X 7, Falken azenis 215/45zr16, prothane bushing, Torsen T-2

Nice.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Zoomer69 said:
I doubt that'd fit a Focus subframe; our pans are shallow over much of the crankcase to clear the subframe.

Actually our oil pan flattens out to let the exhaust pass under it. And as far as I can tell, the piece pictured replaces the aluminum windage tray (bulkhead, etc whatever you wanna call it) as well as the oil pan itself. I kinda wonder what the purpose of changing out the entire windage tray is considering that our windage tray is one of the most well engineered parts on the entire car.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
dominick said:

do you have a 60' time just wonderen

·
Registered
28 Posts
That pan looks like it might be a Raceline (U.K) aftermarket for Caterham 7's. They can't use the stock pan because it's too low. Good for engine transplants, but don't know if it would fit a Focus without a lot of mods.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
ulackfocus said:
No luck - I tried a few months back and struck out, even with Moroso.
Moroso you have to be kidding, if it isn't chevy or honda moroso doesn't touch it

Tim

1 - 20 of 31 Posts