Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from crower, repliing about their stroker kit. Its gonna be about $3000 and only about 50hp and tq added to my setup. I personally frowned at this. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
...i don't think its worth it, for that price... u could get a built short block and ported head

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought you'd all feel the same

·
Registered
745 Posts
you guys...by the time you think your engine is ready for an item like this...that 50 hp is a good investment. its like why you pay for an intake manifold before you get a cat-back exhaust...the first few steps in modifying your engine were relatively cheap..intake exhaust cams...once you get higher you pay more because these parts are designed to squeeze out the last remanents of horsepower that you have hidden...a $600 intake mani that only gives 14hp...yeah but it was 14 hp you didn't have before and this stroker kit gives you 50hp more than what you had. by the time you need this you will probably have put over $5000 alone in your engine...$3000 more isn't to bad...its the same as a jrsc...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
i dunno, thats better than the figures ive heard on here in the past. someone was saying once that it would stroke the zetec to 2.1L and would only give around 10hp/10tq or in that neighborhood. and at the time, the same price was quoted. so to me, this sounds a LOT better. still not necessarily something i'd be interested in, but to each his own. i wish we could bore the zetec out

·
Registered
745 Posts
you can bore the zetec out...a little...very little...just gotta be careful...dunno the exact numbers...will investigate...

just a question what mods do you have that you feel its time to start stroking the engine? just curious...maybe now is not the time...but when you get to the point you can't find anymore power...that is when the $3000 becomes understandable.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I believe the 50Hp was on a turbocharged engine, so there would be quite a bit of difference on a NA setup. I am still waiting for the info for this kit from them but i remember when they first came out it was on a turbocharged engine.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my setup right now is injen intake stage 2 crowers 65mm th, installing a fr intake mani on sat, chip, fs race header with flex, borla. In about a month im getting a head package. I'm pulling about 143hp, 135tq

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think you can bore out the zetec 300 over. not sure, dont quote me

·
Registered
186 Posts
$3000 is a little steep but it is a pretty damn good gain, and would give you an excellent base, to build all out bad ass motor, and with the right setup you could even add a turbo for even more power, but as always in order to get that power house motor it is going to cost $$$. you can't look as only 50 hp, you have to think what will be a killer combo.
my thoughts it is def. worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts