Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the two motors. I know it’s a lot up to the drivers and all. But I have a guy at work that has a 2005 ZX4 and he wants to race me at the drag way (or where ever). I have a 2001 ZX3. I had a 2002 ZTS 4 door and took it to the track (with it bone stock just the air filter removed) I was running mid 16.2's. So the Question comes. With me having a ZX3 with the modes in my signature, should I be able to beat the ZX4 that is in stock form? Any input! Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
You should win

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
EDIT- i am a dumb [censored] i didnt read the whole post i guess didnt look to the sig for mods- you should owninate

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
who cares, you puttin money on it? go race and find out.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
i dont know mite come down it the driver

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
you should own the crap out of him, if his is bone stock and yours has a butt load of engine mods, you should own him.

make sure you put on your hazards when you pass him

·
Banned
613 Posts
you should own the crap out of him, if his is bone stock and yours has a butt load of engine mods, you should own him.

make sure you put on your hazards when you pass him
uhhh at the track right?

·
Registered
154 Posts
you should deff win. But on the other hand it comes down to the driver itself. I've seen cars with tons more hp lose to fewer hp just becasue who was behind the wheel..

·
Registered
154 Posts
is the car your racing a standard or auto trans. that also depends.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 5 speed and I think he has a 5 speed also. No money just respect I guess. It's also my younger sisters ex-boy friend. But it sounds like I should do well. I am going to the track on the 20th and he might be their or he might not. Who knows. but I will find out what times I get in this foci.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd be quite surprised if you lost. A full exhaust beefs up your powerband quite nicely.

·
Registered
466 Posts
car vs car u should win. but when you factor in the driver's it's hard to say. All i can say is "kick his ass sea bass."

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont know. I think its the 2.0. Its a lease car. I will find out today what motor it is. I was looking at fords web site and the 2.0 duratec is almost the same as the reg Zetec Just a few extra Hp and a little more low end Tq. But the 2.3 is 20 extra Hp and about 15 FTQ. But With the Bolt ons I have it should be close still right? O well Who gives a Crap I guess I will find out on the 20th.

Thanks!

·
Registered
545 Posts
2.3 sucks stock. i barely cracked 15s. I/H/E/cam timing though and you're well in the 14s with a good driver though so...

kill him now before he starts adding stuff

·
Registered
545 Posts
i guess i should say sucks because it's so restricted and has so much potential with so little.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
2.3 sucks stock. i barely cracked 15s. I/H/E/cam timing though and you're well in the 14s with a good driver though so...

kill him now before he starts adding stuff
With just a cai on any 2.3 mtx you will be killing stock svt focus.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts