Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they are finishing my zex kit install today. Anyone had any experiance with their wet kit yet? 75 shot safe? I'm running 55 right now and will see the dyno's by 4pm!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cousin of mine is using the same kit on his FSVT. He let me drive it the other day, and I couldn't stopping grinning.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got the dyno...Kind of weird though only 140hp stock(with AEM CAI and Magnaflow exhaust). 186hp with a 55 shot. I will post the dyno's when I figure out how. I'd still like to here if anyone's running a 75 shot...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Where did you dyno at? I am in Bellevue, and dynoed at the CarbConnection c my JRSC. Would be interested to see your kit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was at Carb Conn too. I can meet you down there on a weekend if you want to see it. Did you happen to do a "before" dyno? I'm really curious if my car is down on power or if it's just the dyno type.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I dindn't do a before unfortunately, but I have a feeling that mine is "normal" due to the JRSC numbers being either average or 2-3HP above. So, stock it probably was 150/130 or there about. Mine is stock except the JRSC.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I made a baseline pull at Carb Connection before I did anything to mine . It was a cool day, about 52deg in the shop if I remember right, and I made 147 at the wheels with about 8000 miles on the car. Just so you have a reference.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the baseline! I just got the actual graph and saw that it was 148hp not the 140hp they told me over the phone, but I was still hoping for more. The cool thing is the torque was 196! The air fuel ratio stayed the same as stock. I can't wait to run it down Pacific Raceways and see if i can get into the low 14s.

·
Registered
83 Posts
do you have a cam gear on your car, cause you might want to think about getting one when running more than a 50 shot and with that big of a shot on your motor you should run propane to it.
(you run propane because you get no detonation with it.)

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
So what exactly did you end up dyno'ing at? Glad to here the A/F ratio stayed pretty rich.

Are you going to run colder plugs?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up with 148.4hp and 132.2tq(AEM CAI and Magnaflow exhaust) and 185.hp and 196.1ftq with a 55 shot. Stock plugs right now, no cam gear. I am picking up my pullies today and I'm hoping Carb Conn can throw them on soon. I've never heard of running propane though. I know they sell race fuel and the 76 station in Auburn though. I was thinking to run octane booster like I did on my supercharged mustang or race fuel for the days I run down the 1320. That way I can just change the jets to a 65 or 75 and not have to change the timing. Kind of lazy that way...

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah the propane trick is not known to all its a secret i bumped into. its more of a safety feature than anything if you know how to hook nitrus up right and know how to tune it you'll be alright. but some people that run 2 stage big shot and [censored] like that use it sometimes. the guy thats helping me build my motor for my mustang help put together matt and jay scranton's silver bullet and we painted it. he showed me. so its real reliable info not [censored].(silver bullet is a pro 5.0 mustang and matt is also the driver of the turbonetics celica that broke the first import 200mph 1/4 mile record.)
quick plug- Xtreme custom paint and body. old website but check them out at www.paintbyxtreme.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts