Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI IM THINKING OF GETTING A NITROUS KIT I THINK I WANT A ZEX KIT I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS THIS KIT AND IS IT A GOOD KIT FOR THE MONEY IF ANYONE HAS ANY PICS PLEASE LET ME KNOW . THANK YOU

·
Registered
176 Posts
Go for an NX wet kit. It appears to be the kit of choice around here. That's what most of the jetters who are on the bottle (myself included) use. Installation is pretty straightforward, not really too difficult. I did mine myself. I don't have any pictures, but if you use the search functionality, I'm sure you will find some more information about how people have their kits hooked up and whatnot.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Go for an NX wet kit. It appears to be the kit of choice around here. That's what most of the jetters who are on the bottle (myself included) use. Installation is pretty straightforward, not really too difficult. I did mine myself. I don't have any pictures, but if you use the search functionality, I'm sure you will find some more information about how people have their kits hooked up and whatnot.
What he said. I had the ZEX wet kit and it is nothing special. In fact, the nozle system they use is kinda retarded and you are better off with the NX kit.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the ZEX kit and I love it. The way I see it is nitrous is nitrous! No problems from me, I'm running 75 shot with cooler plugs...Gone through 5 bottles so far and no problems at all...love it!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the ZEX kit and I love it. The way I see it is nitrous is nitrous! No problems from me, I'm running 75 shot with cooler plugs...Gone through 5 bottles so far and no problems at all...love it!
I liked mine too but I don't like the idea of lower bottle pressure = lower fuel distribution. I want it all and I want it all the time!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I liked mine too but I don't like the idea of lower bottle pressure = lower fuel distribution. I want it all and I want it all the time!!
I agree with that, but I also want to be safe. I can't afford to rebuild an engine if I blow it...but to each his own!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a Zex kit on my SVT and I used to have an NX kit on my Mustang. The NX kit's tend to put down "real" horsepower numbers compared to ratings, but the zex kit is cleaner and simpler to install. I also like zex's bottle warmer better. NX works on bottle pressure alone which means that you need to open the valve for it to work. Zex is temperature sensitive. I like to run with the warmer on and not worry about venting the lines just to "be ready" to race. Either way, I think they are both good kits. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would recommend getting the NX Kit. From what I've heard...It's the safest one for these cars. Not very hard to install either. I did it myself in about 5 hours. However, I used a MSD RPM Window switch for it. It makes it a lot safer. It's all RPM activated now. Turns on at 3100rpm and turns off at 6100rpm. Let me know if you need any info on how to install, if you get the NX Kit.

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you want directport NX kit PM me and I will give you some info.

Cory

1 - 12 of 12 Posts