Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some pictures of the car, so I figured I'd share them with you guys. It is an '88 RX-7 turbo 2 with an LS1/T56 out of an '02 trans am ws6. Currently it has all free mods, intake, exhaust, and a roughed in tune that I wrote. Nitrous is waiting in the garage and will go in some time this week and a supercharger set up is soon to come.

As the car sits right now it is an 11 second car (though not on these tires, probably more like low 12s), I hope to take it into the tens with the nitrous and some stickier tires.

[image]
http://www.zeebone.com/gallery/albums/ZoomZoom/IMG_0999.sized.jpg[/image]

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and I meant to put this in rigs if someone wants to move it. ;-)

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's it weigh?
~2700 wet with about a 50/50. I am gonna go weigh it this week some time to get an accurate number.

As for how fast it has gone.... well... I will run out of gear in the 6 speed before I will run out of power. Keep in mind, it also has a 4.10 rear end.

·
Banned
926 Posts
So awesome. Whenver I get the money I'm gonna do something similiar. I was VERY close on doing a 1G 5.0 RX7 project but after reading the 2G lS1 RX7 conversion (and 3rd gen for that matter) I relize that my money would be much better spent in that direction.

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i love the wing, becuase it screams Mexican, but that car is actually fast. that car gets a thumbs up for sure.
as do the wheels
Yea, the stuff was on the car when I got it (along with a full erebruni body kit which is now on the floor of my garage). The wing will get changed as soon as I find a suitable replacement, ie oem turbo2 (it is too blah back there to have nothing). The wheels are not great, but I will not change them... at least they're OZ. This car is just a stepping stone to swapping this drivetrain into an fd rx7, so appearance is not much of an issue. ;-)

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
ahh ultimate sleeper...gotta love the people at the light thinking "o man, look at this RX-7, rotary prob beat to crap...time to show american power"

haha...until u show him american power

love it

-chris

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
lol! (happiness laughter) I literally put up my "rock on" devil fingers.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Hey! Those belong in my Camaro! Give em back!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Dayum that is a sweet conversion!!!

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, that's a pretty awesome drag car. On the other, it used to be a perfectly good RX-7.

I'm just going to pretend that the 13b went out in a blaze of glory and apex seals, in which case the RX-7's chances at "sports car" were dead before it got the heavy nose and steering modification.

·
Banned
926 Posts
if I'm not mistaking the LS1 weighs the same (if not less) as the 13b and actually sits lower.

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if I'm not mistaking the LS1 weighs the same (if not less) as the 13b and actually sits lower.
You're not mistaken. This car handles much better than it did when it rolled out of the factory.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts