Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a ZX2 S/R. What info can I get on this car? What model years, what S/R offers, power, etc. Also, what kind of times would a stock S/R run? Thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I read a write-up on those. Pretty rare.

·
Registered
311 Posts
As best as I remember an S/R would run a mid 15 second quarter mile, and 0-60 in about 7 seconds. pretty cool little car Ford made, and it was cool they used respected aftermarket products. Pretty rare too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, they are pretty quick. I race one and we were even. At that time I only had an intake, exhaust and UDP. I would have smoked if I had my Diablo chip installed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Late response but better than never...

99 S/R = 102 produced, only sold in California, Only in Zinc Yellow. Came with Roush Intake, Energy Suspension Master bushing kit, Centerforce Clutch, B&M Shifter, Ford Racing PCM, 150 mph Speedo, Borla Exhaust, Limited Edition S/R Seats, Silver guage bezel, Eibach Springs, Tokico Struts, S/R Shift knob and leather shift boot and S/R Badging on the sides and rear, 4 wheel disc brakes, 15"x6" Wheels and Goodyear F1's.

00 S/R - 2100 produced, Sold U.S. wide, 1000 Zinc Yellow, 600 Black and 500 Red. Came with Iceman Intake, Energy Suspension Master bushing kit, Centerforce Clutch, B&M Shifter, Ford Racing PCM (XGH3 Code for 50 state legal and CWQ3 code for 48 state legal), 150 mph Speedo, Borla Exhaust, Limited Edition S/R Seats, Silver guage bezel, Eibach Springs, Tokico Struts, S/R Shift knob and leather shift boot and S/R Badging on the sides and rear, and Ford Racing Blue Valve cover, and 4 wheel disc brakes, 15"x6" wheels and Goodyear F1's.

S/R stands for Street/Race. Ford made it like the SVT Focus, not so much to be a quarter mile contender but to be right of the box a AutoX/Roadcourse contender. It definitely stands up to that. If you have a chance to run one around an AutoX course, take advantage in stock form it really is a well pieced together car.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tampa, just what I needed!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Forgot the power answers...

The 50 State legal S/R's (Cali emissions,etc.) have been rated at 143hp

The 48 State Legal S/Rs at 146hp.

Quarter mile wise, like said above mid 15's. Like the SVT, the 1320 isn't there strong suit, the autox couse is. But like any car they can be made respectibly quick in the quarter.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by DILATED:
Yes, they are pretty quick. I race one and we were even. At that time I only had an intake, exhaust and UDP. I would have smoked if I had my Diablo chip installed.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No you wouldn't have.
The Zx2 S/R is about 200 lbs. ligher.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We went at from a stoplight to about 100 Km/H(60mph) and we were dead even. We actually stopped at a coffee shop after and talked for a bit. He was surprised that I was with him up to that speed. He would have taken after that, but until 60 mph we were even. It was fun though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts