Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my zx2, We have L, D, OD. (auto). In L at WOT, it will shift from 1rst at 6100, and go to second and will NOT shift out of 2nd. On my auto focus, in 1rst, I was able to hold it in first till the rev limiter. Basicly, what im asking, is, can I make it stay in 1rst without a costly procedure...maybe like a switch or just a new shifter?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
The computers controls the two transaxles differently. Without some changes in software or installing a manual valve body, I don't think you can easily do that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I dunno know about the automatics being the same but I do know the 5 spds are. The ZX2 has an older manual, I think it is more like the 5spd in the SPI than the MTX-75. I had an automatic ZX2 and L is for first and second, D will shift 1-2-3 and OD goes all the way to 4th. There is no way of getting it to stay in just 1st, it shifts out as a kind of safety net for then engine. I do remember that there is a chip made for them that will raise the rpms that it shifts to 2nd at though if that helps. Check out zx2.com (if it's still around) I'm sure someone has one or can give you better info.

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by mtbiken:
I dunno know about the automatics being the same but I do know the 5 spds are. The ZX2 has an older manual, I think it is more like the 5spd in the SPI than the MTX-75. I had an automatic ZX2 and L is for first and second, D will shift 1-2-3 and OD goes all the way to 4th. There is no way of getting it to stay in just 1st, it shifts out as a kind of safety net for then engine. I do remember that there is a chip made for them that will raise the rpms that it shifts to 2nd at though if that helps. Check out zx2.com (if it's still around) I'm sure someone has one or can give you better info.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I try to stay away from those boards...all they can do is rag on somone for buying an auto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts