Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY tOM
HOW IS THE IDEA OF ZX3 CAMS IN A SVT HEAD SOUND? IF U COULD USE THESE CAMS IN THE HEAD; THEN COULD YOU BYPASS THE VARIABLE VALVE THINGY?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
You can't bypass the Variable Timing.... its a function of more than just the cams... notice that the whole cam gear is different, as well as the intake and ECU.

No.. you can't put Zetec Cams in an SVT... nor would you want to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
there's an ongoing battle about VCT among zx2 owners (we have VCT, but on exhaust cam). The cam itself is actually a different length and for the gains that can be seen, not huge. Some is lost at bottom end and only a few are gained at close to peak RPM range. This is all stuff i've heard, but all-n-all, not worth the effort. (I realize intake cam changes are usually bigger results, but still a lot of work for little response back) It IS possible though.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I thought that the zx2 VCT was for emissions, not power. So I think it's a different game, but Bur pretty much summed it up.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The ford racing zetec head, flows better then our stock head and most likley at least as well as the SVT head perhaps better.. all without the issues of VVT/VCT.....

And please stop Using Caps lock to type.......

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Know of any SVT pulling > 165 @ the wheels yet? Cuz I know a few ZX3s that are.....
A couple actually, I believe Belacyrf is pulling that with just an intake and ORP.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOULDN'T YOU LIKE THE FLOW CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SVT HEAD? THINK OF IT.. SVT HEAD BOLTS UP TO OUR BLOCK.....
A FULLY WORKED ZX3 HEAD CAN'T OUTFLOW A SVT HEAD!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
WOULDN'T YOU LIKE THE FLOW CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SVT HEAD? THINK OF IT.. SVT HEAD BOLTS UP TO OUR BLOCK.....
A FULLY WORKED ZX3 HEAD CAN'T OUTFLOW A SVT HEAD!!!!!!!
Wanna bet?

Know of any SVT pulling > 165 @ the wheels yet? Cuz I know a few ZX3s that are.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts