Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a debate going on about the lenght of the zx5 being longer than the zx3 by 5 inches. can anyone second this.
in the owners manual it states that the lenght of the zx3 is 164", and the zx5 is 169".
if they are made in the same place and use the same platform how could this be and where is the extra 5 inches?

·
Registered
643 Posts
ZX3 and ZX5 are the exact same size. Only difference is two extra doors. W/B is the same length is the same width is the same. The sedan and wagon are bigger though. Same wheelbase just more rear bumper..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so the 3 or so owners manuals are wrong then?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by Goobah:
ok so the 3 or so owners manuals are wrong then?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They must've measured to different points...???
You know my S2/ZX-3, and my wife has a ZX-5.
They are identical in size. The ONLY difference is the relocation of the "B-Pillars", 2 more doors, and the Sedan-Like vertical piece seperating the rear door from the rear-most sidewindows. Oh, the "Character-line" on the side of the roof above the rear window is different, as is the corner of the rear sidewindows next to the taillight.
I've looked at and handwashed both cars enough to know, and the Outer shell is the exact same size.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Good Lord Dave!!!!
Your STILL on this!!!!

and you spelt LENGTH wrong again!!

[ 04-08-2003, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Ed_Cloud9 ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts